Week 14.2 - Taking Back Your Power
Not sure who wrote this, but true:
1. There are no bombs raining on our heads.
2. I am not a prisoner held in solitary confinement, as millions are.
3. I am not a refugee trying to escape with my life.
4. I am not standing in line waiting to fill a pot of water.
5. I have access to fresh food and I'm not starving.
6. I have hot running water.
7. My country has not been ruined by years of war.
8. I can reach my friends by phone and check in on them.
9. My friends check in on me because they care about me.
10. Any whiplash I feel about this strange turn of events is itself a sign of privilege.
11. More than half of the world would gladly trade their everyday problems for the modest inconveniences I am experiencing.
12. I may have anxious dreams but I'm dreaming them on a proper bed and I'm not sleeping on the sidewalk.
13. By staying at home, I'm helping the planet rest.
14. As long as I have my mind I can create, imagine, dream and not be lonely.
15. This global crisis connects me to people around the world and reminds me of our common humanity. This is a good thing.
16. When something tragic happens to another country next time, I will respond to it not with superiority, but humility and recognition.
17. I will fight for positive changes and economically just policies in my own country.
18. I am surrounded by books.
19. I am surrounded by love.
20. The trees have already begun to bloom
“The study of asana is not about mastering posture. It’s about using posture to understand and transform yourself.” - B.K.S Iyengar
“Remember the entrance to the sanctuary is inside you.” – Rumi
Lie is a balance of holding and letting go.
Sometimes the most important thing in a whole day is the rest we take between two deep breaths.
You become a master of your life when you learn how to control where your attention goes. Value what you give your energy to.
“In meditation and in our daily lives there are three qualities that we can nurture, cultivate, and bring out. We already possess these, but they can be ripened: precision, gentleness, and the ability to let go.” - Pema Chodron
“The best thing you could do is master the chaos in you. You are not thrown into the fire, you are the fire.” -Mama Indigo
“Today I choose to take back my power on a mental, physical, and emotional level. All things I give my attention and life force to, will be purposeful and elevating. I choose to get better. I choose to evolve. I choose to let go. It’s a new day to recreate myself.” - Idil Ahmed
“Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” –Thomas Edison
Understand you own self first, then you will be ready to understand everything else.
“The nature of yoga is to shine the light of awareness into the darkest corners of the body.” - Jason Crandell
“I welcome a new path, new energy, new connections, new experiences, new thoughts, and new ideas. I am open to all things new, different, and adventurous. I am ready for a new beginning.” – Idil Ahmed
“When you love yourself and glow from the inside, you attract people who love, respect, and appreciate your energy. You radiate from within first. Everything starts with how you feel about yourself. Feel worthy. Feel valuable. Feel deserving of receiving the best. It will happen.” – Idil Ahmed
“The world is changed by your example and not your opinion.” – Paulo Coelho
“When the roots grow deep, there is no reason the fear the wind.”
I am attracting better because I have discovered that it all starts with me. I am going to change myself first so that everything can align for me. I’m not going to blame anyone. I am going to take responsibility for my life. The better I become, the better I attract.
“In the end, only three things matter: how much you loved, how gently you lived, and how gracefully you let go of things not meant for you.”
“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” - Maya Angelou
“Do not get angry at people or situations, both are powerless without your reaction.”
“Love in such a way, as the person you love feels free.” Thich Nhat Hanh
The things we overcome only makes us stronger and more powerful, if we focus on the lesson and the gain, not the loss and what’s coming to an end. There’s something brighter, greater, and more promising in all situations. Focus on the light today. Stay positive about everything.” - Idil Ahmed